USS Scorpio NCC 77947 Forum

Members Log In. To become a member visit http://ussscorpio.webege.com/Index.html to Join or contact me at tigrathundera@yahoo.com
USS Scorpio NCC 77947 Forum

The USS Scorpio NCC 77947 is a Star Trek RPG in Bravo Fleet's Task Force 72

Bravo Fleet IRC Chat

Tigra Thundera
    Admin

Bravo Fleet IRC Chat

Post by Tigra Thundera on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 pm

This is from the Bravo Fleet XO:

Hello one, hello all! It's been about 4 years since Bravo Fleet had a stable chat room, and as a reform to try and improve the community feeling, have decided to push the grassroots of IRC for the organization. Graciously provided to us by AceIRC, Bravo Fleet Chat/IRC will be a place where everyone can go and chat with one another in real time. To get in contact with people, such as BFA members, who they normally wouldn't have a chance to interact with. This will also let one another share ideas for things such as missions, ideas and the like. But more importantly, we hope it will promote a more friendly atmosphere around the fleet. Plain and simple the forums seems to allow animosity build, and it's our belief that this is because of the lack of true real-time interaction.

I remember back in the day when Bravo Fleet Chat was a huge thing, this was the way I got interacting with a lot of the fleet leadership. Eventually this helped me obtain a position because I was getting out there and extending my ideas to those who were running things at the time. But more importantly it gained me friends that I've had for years since then and still have. It was also a time I personally remember there was very little vitriol in the organization. We hope that this will help return things to that time.

In order to help better facilitate this for our less technically inclined we have also gone out of our way, with the help of Rob, to institute a web-based client as well. There are two ways. First is you can go to http://www.bravofleet.com/ and choose the "Chat" tab at the top menu. Put in your username, and connect! The other way is detailed below:

Download IRC. Most people just use mIRC which can be found here. There are hundreds of different IRC clients though, so whatever works for you.
    Install and open.
    Go to Options. The icon looks like a hammer over a folder (alternatively File -> Options)
    Go the server/connect tab. There should be an area where you see a drop down menu for a bagillion IRC servers. AceIRC isn't on here, so you'll have to add it. Click on "Add".
    Put this information in:
    Description: AceIRC (Or BFIRC if it helps you remember easier)
    Server: irc.aceirc.org
    Port: 6667
    Click "Ok" and put in a username you'd like to use and any of the other optional stuff. You will need to fill out the "Nickname" box though so you have a username.
    Click "Connect to IRC Server" or something similar to that effect.
    Once you're connected type "/join #bravofleet" without the quotes.
    Chat and have fun!

Re: Bravo Fleet IRC Chat

Post by Tigra Thundera on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:18 am

If you don't want to download any IRC clients. You can now access the chatroom through the BF website here.

http://bravofleet.com/chat

Just type in username and join the chat.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:09 am